Moving can be a stressful hassle, and many people find themselves pulling their hair out throughout the entire process. Packing can be a drawn-out, frustrating nightmare, and then the day of the move you may find yourself frazzled and stressed out. If you want to avoid all of these feelings and have a stress-free, efficient move, the following article may be able to help you out, as it outlines some of the secrets for a successful move, such as hiring professional movers like those at Easy Movers Inc.
Secrets for a Successful Move
If you are moving to a new place and are anxious about packing and moving all of your belongings, read through the following list, as it offers some of the secrets that will help your move go as smoothly as possible.
- Secret #1: Paint and put in new carpet before you move to your new place. If you want to make changes to your new home such as painting the walls and laying down new carpet, this task is much more simple and quick if you do it before all of your belongings are in the home.
- Secret #2: Measure your new place. Nothing is more frustrating than lugging a large piece of furniture to your new place, only to find that it does not fit anywhere. Take down the measurements for your new place, and make sure that all of your belongings fit before you transport them. If you find that they will not fit into your new place, sell them before you move.
- Secret #3: Pack an overnight bag. Moving day is exhausting, and the last thing you want to do is hunt down your PJs and a toothbrush before going to bed. Pack an overnight bag for each member of your family that can be kept in your car, so that you do not have to rummage through boxes to find essential items the first few days of your move.
- Secret #4: Use free packing materials. It is true that you can purchase everything you need for a successful move, but why rack up the bills for your move when you can get the same stuff for free? Grocery stores and fast-food chains are always willing to get rid of a few boxes. Newspapers and grocery bags make for great packing materials. Once you find out you are planning to move, start stocking up on these free items so that you have enough come moving time.
- Secret #5: Lift boxes as you are are packing them. It is a common mistake to pack a box so full that it cannot be safely lifted. Yes, you can team-lift boxes, but will it be so full that the bottom may break out? Test the weight of the box after you have it packed half full to make sure it is not getting too heavy.
- Secret #6: Professional movers are worth every penny. Most people do not want to pay the added expense of professional movers. They wonder why they should pay someone else to do a job that they are perfectly capable of. The truth is that hiring professional movers such as those at Easy Movers Inc is the key to having a stress-free move. Professional movers will pack up your belongings, transport them to your new location, and then unload your belongings in your new place. Professional movers are trained to treat your belongings with care, and nothing will be broken or damaged during your move. Not only will you save yourself time by hiring professional movers but you can rest assured that your belongings are in good hands.